Together, we can create fantastic working relationships
Street League works with hundreds of local, national and global companies to recruit, develop and train their workforces.
We are proud to provide work-ready individuals who can add real value to your company. We help young people aged 16-30 to gain confidence and develop the essential skills for the world of work. Our young people acquire nationally-recognised qualifications in maths, English, wellbeing and employability. They achieve this through an award-winning programme that combines sport and employability, encouraging young people to be motivated workers.
Employers can benefit from:
Offering work placements and job trials
Government's Kickstart scheme for paid 6-month work placements
Recruiting motivated young people from Street League
In-work support and Modern Apprenticeships through Street League
Our model works
Our employer partners enhance our offering and play a vital role when it comes to securing our participants' future. Our young people progress into sustained education, training or employment feeling confident, work-ready and hungry to succeed, but don't take our word for it. Take a look at our successes:
- In 2019/20, we supported 1,284 young adults into employment, education and training through our free sport for employment programmes.
- 87% (1,284/1,471) of our participants on our employability Academy progressed into work, apprenticeship, training or education.
- 56% (341/610) of our participants sustained these outcomes for at least 6 months.
Blair's flying colours at Merchant City Barbers
Blair joined Street League in Renfrewshire and instantly showed the desire and enthusiasm to progress into something positive. Blair came to us through our strong partnership with Invest in Renfrewshire and expressed his interest in pursuing barbering as a career option. After an extensive interview process with ongoing mentoring Blair secured a job with Merchant City Barbers.Blair, Renfrewshire
Providing opportunities up and down the country
We are always looking to work with employers, up and down the country who need talented and motivated young people to join their teams.
Changing lives for the better, we hope to instil the positivity and confidence in young people to achieve their goals. We’re based throughout the UK, helping employers - from SME's to global corporations - recruit and retain motivated young employees.
Learn how apprentices can help your business
At Street League, we are committed to helping unemployed young people move into sustainable careers. The rise of Traineeships, Apprenticeships and Modern Apprenticeships saw us adapt our employability programme to ensure we can help employers and young people make the most of government support to address business needs.
Faced with skills shortages and an ageing workforce, Modern Apprenticeships are an excellent way for employers to recruit, develop and retain staff.Create an apprenticeship
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud